AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lily in 3-D

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Lily Bug is here!!!!

Lilyana Leeann was born August 27th 2009, at 7:51 PM after 20 hours of labor. She weighed 8lbs 2.5 oz and was 20 12 inches long. She is an angel and a great baby

It all began at midnight on 8/27. i was scheduled for an induction. we made our way to hospital, and i was hooked up to the iv's and ready to go....the incerted the cervidil at around 1 am. It was a little painful because they couldnt use lube, or it would counteract with meds. after it was incerted, Kris went to bed. I was a little on the anxious side so it was had for me to relax. at about 3am i started to get cramping. it wasnt bad at first just like af cramps. at this time i felt like i was in a dream. to this day it feels like that day was all a dream and i just woke up and i had a baby. Anyway, iat around 5 am the cramping started to become horrible. i was getting all the contractions in my back. it was def. painful. i asked for something for the pain, i just couldnt do it anymore...my back was KILLING me. i can even describe the pain. that allowed me to get a little sleep, but by 8am i was right back to where i started...in pain. at this point i was stuck at 2cm. they said i couldnt get the epi til 3 or 4....depending on the dr. i tried my best to deal with the pain. i recieved another dose of the pain killer, and tried to get some more rest. at 12 the nurse tried to take the cervidil out, but come to find out the nurse who put it in, didnt leave the tail for her to pull it out! it felt like she had her whole arm up there! she called in another nurse with smaller longer fingers/hands. i begged the whole time and the nurses were great. i kept saying i couldnt do it but the reasured me that i could...the nurse that they brought in was awsome, she told me she was going to get the cervidil and break my water and then they would HAVE to give me the epi! kris litterally had to hold me down while they fished the cervidil out... she got it with no problem, and then she broke my water. thats the weirdest feeling ever! to sit and leak constantly LOL... i begged for the epi at this point...they called an the anestesiologist was there within 10 min but it felt like an eternity. the epidural wasnt nearly as painful as i thought it was going to be. it felt weird more than anything. it took a good 15 min for the epi to kick in, and after that i felt so much better! at this point i was 4 cm after the epi, and it was 2pm. within 2.5 hours i dialated from 4cm to 10cm. when they checked me at about 9 cm they found the baby to be sunny side up...they tried to move her around but she wasnt budging.... the pressure u feel with the need to push is so weird. it is like you have to poop...but different. its an emormass pressure on ur perineium, but it feels like your gonna poop the baby out. i started pushing around 5ish. at first i didnt know what the hell i was doing, but after a few min i got the hang of it. after a good hr and half they offered to use the vaccume, and i agreed,.... i pushed with all my might...but i was having this weird hard sensation, they said to push past it but it wasnt the burn...it was just HARD...like trying to push something thro a wall.. after 3 tries with the vaccume the dr said she wasnt budging. he said she was stuck and with the heart decels she was having it would be best to do a c section....after that it all went so fast.... next thing i know kris is etting scubs on....an the anesisologist was back giving me more meds ( thank god! ) next i knew they were wheeling me back. after that it all went so fast. kris and i were talking and next i know i hear this strong cry! kris got up and said she was eautiful and pissed! and that she wa s good size baby and had a cone head lol. i told kris to go with her, and he cam eback said she was gorgeous and he kissed me...they weighed her and i as amazed to find out she was 8lbs!! i couldnt see her from that fa because i didnt have my glasses... begged them to let me see her...they said they would they were cleaning her off...so finally they brought her to me...i barely got to touch her and kiss her and they took her to nursery...hubby went with her while they stiched me up. after that they wheeled me back. the dr said she would have never came out vaginally. he said i would have gotten her head out but thats it she would have gotten stuck at the sholders...back in the room, kris was allowed to bring one person at a time back to see her. i begged the nurses to let me back to see her, i had to make sure she was real, that she was ok. they said she had to spend 2 hrs in nursery just because of delivery, she would get a bath and then they would put her in warmer make sure she could hold her temp and they would bring her to me. i was so upset...everyone else got to see her before i could. they showed me pics but it wasnt the same. finally they brought her to me....and i was in owe.... so in love. it was weird to see this little being who had been in m belly for 9 months..... from there the hospital stay was ok. on our second day i noticed she was a little yellow and i mentioned it to nurse. the peditrician looked at her, and said she was perfect, but she did have jaundice, she said her levels were elevated, not to ad but they wanted to get her in the nicu with the billi lights for 24 hrs and retest. i will never forget how empty i felt at 5am on that saturday when the wheeled her little basket bed thing away and took her. i cried and cried... i did however get some sleep. we went and saw her later that morning, and i cried my eyes out when i saw her under the lights. kris thought i was silly...he said she was just jaundice and wasnt gonna die....but who wants to see there child like that? they wouldnt let me hold her, only during feedings. i was there every 3 hours to feed her. any chance to hold her. kris left hospital and went home to nap and shower...he came back around dinner and brought me something to eat. we hung out and went to feed lil at 9 and 12. after that he left and went home. i couldnt sleep tho. i went back to nicu at around 2am...and i litterally fell asleep with my hand in the incubator holding her hand lol...i left and went back to my room. i was back up at 6am and went to feed her. the dr came to see me as did the pedi and we were ok'd to go home that day!! we finally got home around 2pm on sunday the 30th.

she is my angel and i am so blessed to have her. she is beautiful and the best baby ever. she only cries when shes starving or pooping lol... anyway thats her birth story...

heres some pictures:





No comments:

Post a Comment